TSP REACHES OUT TO THE NEEDS OF COMMUNITIES
Central to The Storydancer Project’s (TSP’s) mission is the knowledge that self-care empowers communities, joy is contagious, and resilience can be learned. TSP partners with marginalized and disadvantaged communities to increase health, self-worth, resilience and leadership by providing culturally relevant Core Wellness and Movement Arts programs and sustainable trainings. TSP also offers care-for-the-caregiver programs that teach effective preventative and restorative tools to address burn out and rekindle enthusiasm, empathy and optimism.
TSP ADDRESSES TRAUMA RELIEF
TSP offers programs that address the gap in health resources available to marginalized girls, women, children & families by offering simple, effective tools to increase health and help relieve the cascading effects of trauma.
- Esperanza Shelter for Battered Families, Santa Fe, NM: Self-Care & Resiliency for survivors and offenders of domestic abuse.
- NM Navajo Nation Elementary Schools (in Gallup, Crownpoint, Tohatchi, Shiprock): What’s In A Story reading, language and exercise program for students in the NM Navajo Nation.
- Hope Project Charitable Trust, Delhi, India: Core Wellness programs for students, patients, women and families in Hope Project School, Clinic, and neighborhood homes; and with the Mobile Health Unit serving other impoverished communities of Delhi.
- CanSupport, Delhi, India: Relaxation Therapeutic Health Exercise Program© (RTHEP). Direct service to palliative care cancer patients and their families.
- New Light, Kolkata, India: Kalpataru restorative self-care program in five cities in India for women trafficked in the sex trade.
TSP OFFERS TRAIN-THE-TRAINER PROGRAMS
TSP empowers the communities with which we work to become trainers and community leaders of core wellness exercise and movement arts, thereby creating sustainable, culturally relevant solutions for wellness, resilience and rejuvenation.
- Hope Project: Master Teacher Training Program for schoolteachers, community leaders and women’s micro-finance groups.
- CanSupport: RTHEP© trainings of doctors, nurses and counselors of the Home Health Care Teams.
- New Light: Core Wellness and Movement Arts Trainings for young women leaders in residential shelters for daughters of sex workers.
- Planned Trainings: Take A Minute™ Core Wellness Exercise trainings for staff of health centers, early childhood centers and elementary school teachers in the NM Navajo Nation
TSP OFFERS CARE FOR THE CAREGIVER PROGRAMS
TSP offers caregivers effective preventative and restorative tools to address burn out and rekindle enthusiasm, empathy and optimism.
- Esperanza Shelter: Ongoing regular programs for staff
- CanSupport: Three-day programs at CanSupport annual nurses’ foundation course
- Hope Project: Annual programs for staff
- NM Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NMCADV): Shelter Managers’ Retreat program
- Programs planned for Santa Fe Public School Teachers; NM Navajo Nation School Teachers; and NMCADV Child Advocates.